Latest NewsSteelers News: Could Devin Bush turn into the Defensive Rookie of the Year?Time to check on the latest news surrounding the Pittsburgh Steelers.EDTWith all of the Steelers’ 2019 offseason workouts in the rear view mirror https://www.thesteelerslockerroom.com/a … ter-jersey , the Pittsburgh Steelers’ fan base has to suffer through the dog days of summer until the boys of fall return to the gridon. In the meantime, don’t think the news surrounding the black-and-gold is over. As the team disperses for the summer, we continue to provide you with features, commentary and opinions to tide you over until training camp!Today in the black-and-gold links article we take a look at whether rookie ILB Devin Bush could, and should, be a favorite to win the NFL’s Defensive Rookie of the Year award.Let’s get to the news:Devin Bush has the skill set to be very good, and there are some really high expectations placed on the first round pick, but can he win the NFL Defensive Player of the Year award?To read the full article, click HERE (Free)<hr class="p-entry-hr" id="nZFMF2">Thinking about comparing Antonio Brown and Hines Ward among the Steelers greatest wide receivers? Ward wanted to make sure you are seeing this through the right lens.To read the full article, click HERE (Free)<hr class="p-entry-hr" id="hKeHrp">Ola Adeniyi has his sites set on more than just making the 53-man roster. He wants to see the field.To read the full article T. J. Watt Jersey White , click HERE (Free)<hr class="p-entry-hr" id="ptWacZ">Social Media Madness The former Penn State product is healthy now, and ready to show the Steelers what he can bring to the safety position." />Skip to main contentclockmenumore-arrownoyesHorizontal - WhiteBehind the Steel Curtaina Pittsburgh Steelers communityLog In or Sign UpLog InSign UpFanpostsFanshotsSectionsSteelersOddsShopAboutMastheadCommunity GuidelinesStubHubMoreAll 322 blogs on Horizontal - WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Latest NewsSteelers Film Room2018 NFL Draft AnalysisLatest NewsFiled under:Latest NewsNow healthy, Marcus Allen is ready to show the Steelers what he can doNew,13commentsThe former Penn State product is healthy now, and ready to show the Steelers what he can bring to the safety position.EDTShareTweetShareShareNow healthy, Marcus Allen is ready to show the Steelers what he can doPhilip G. Pavely-USA TODAY SportsThe Pittsburgh Steelers took a hard-hitting safety named Marcus Allen out of Penn State in the 2018 NFL Draft, but there was very little hitting being done by the former Nittany Lion. As it turns out, Allen’s inactive status throughout 2018 was more due to injury than an inability, or incapability, to play the game at the NFL level.Fast forward to 2019 and the second year player is not only healthy Womens James Conner Jersey , but making plays in Organized Team Activities (OTAs). Yes, it is nothing more than ‘football in shorts’, but for Allen it is much more than that. It is a chance for him to prove what he is capable of.“It feels good to get back to work,” Allen told Kevin Gorman of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. “Last year, I wasn’t out here for OTAs so it was like being on the outside looking in and getting the feel of it.”When reflecting back to last season, Allen felt plenty of frustration with the hamstring injury which held him out all of rookie minicamp, OTAs and even a large portion of training camp.“It bothered me a lot. I got here, got drafted and had high expectations for myself. Being not ready and able to go out there and show what I can do was disappointing. I wanted to show what I can do. Now that I’m all good and healthy it feels like I’m back at home.”If there was a positive spin to take away from Allen’s inactivity last year it was his ability to learn the playbook front-to-back. Now, back on the field, he can move with a speed and ferocity which got him drafted in the first place.“It feels second nature now T. J. Watt Jersey , honestly, just going out there and performing,” Allen said. “I know our plays and got it down pat.”So, what should fans expect from Allen in 2019? No one really knows for sure, but Allen is ready to put his best foot forward and make plays for the Pittsburgh Steelers.“I expect better things completely this year,” Allen said, “but just being out there last year, fulfilling my dream, was incredible. Just walking out the gates and looking at the stadium with everyone roaring was crazy.“Every game is motivation, to be honest. Just not being out there and looking on the sideline Jerome Bettis Jersey White , I knew my time was coming.”When it comes to his position, there is certainly a spot to be had on the roster. Outside of Sean Davis and Terrell Edmunds, the Steelers are looking for depth at safety, and while fans love pointing to undrafted rookies like P.J. Locke and Dravon Askew-Henry, it seems you shouldn’t forget about Allen and his potential to be the answer to the question of depth at the strong safety position.