While the offense is pretty close to set in stone http://www.carolinapanthersteamonline.c … son-jersey , there’s a bit more to worry about with the defense. Let us break down what the roster could look like at this point in 3 weeks.Defensive LineStarters: Wes Horton, Dontari Poe, Kawann Short, Mario AddisonDepth: Julius Peppers, DaeShon Hall, Marquise Haynes, Kyle Love, Vernon ButlerWes Horton and Julius Peppers will likely be co-starters, with Hall and Haynes coming in as rotational guys. Short and Poe should hold down most of the starting snaps Authentic Taylor Moton Jersey , however I’d like to see Butler more involved as a pass rusher. We could see a lot of Short and Butler in passing situations. While the team hasn’t made a top heavy investment at defensive end, both Hall and Haynes should make it as former draft picks. Haynes should be the primary reliever for Addison as a speed rusher.LinebackerStarters: Thomas Davis, Luke Kuechly, Shaq ThompsonDepth: David Mayo, Jermaine Carter, Ben Jacobs, Andre SmithWith Davis out 4 weeks, both David Mayo and Jermaine Carter could see a decent amount of time as the 3rd linebacker. Carter has really impressed this preseason. Ben Jacobs brings proven veteran presence and special teams ability, and the team spent a draft pick on Smith. It is possible Jared Norris beats him out for a spot here http://www.carolinapanthersteamonline.c … ton-jersey , however. Those last two linebacker spots are certainly still fluid.CornerbackStarters: James Bradberry, Donte JacksonDepth: Captain Munnerlyn, Kevon Seymour, Corn ElderWhile many fans have been clamoring for Lorenzo Doss, I think Seymour sticks even if he gets beat out by Jackson (which at this point, I believe Jackson is in the drivers seat to start). Captain Munnerlyn still holds down that nickel spot, so it appears the 5th spot would be up for grabs. I think Elder ends up keeping it, though he’s got Doss and Cole Luke breathing down his neck there. Elder flashed some good play in his first week, and I want to see more of him in the next three weeks. If a guy like Doss is going to make it Authentic Trai Turner Jersey , he will really need to shine.SafetyStarters: Mike Adams, Da’Norris SearcyDepth: Colin Jones, Rashaan GauldenI really don’t see any of this changing from now to week one. Adams and Searcy are locked in as the starters. Gaulden could end up seeing rotational play early on, as he’s impressed during the offseason. But with Donte Jackson at corner they have an emergency safety option, and Colin Jones simply brings more to the table than the rest of the guys. We could see Demetrious Cox as a practice squad signee, but I don’t think he beats out Jones here. Despite this idea that Jones isn’t worth it, he has a lot of experience in the scheme. His ability to play nickel CB in a pinch coupled with his special teams prowess makes him more valuable than the others trying to make the roster.I could see the Panthers making a move in the secondary, but overall I think your starting 11 are pretty set. However, feel free to share your thoughts. Welp.That’s really all there is to say about the Panthers defensive performance in Pittsburgh last week. The Steelers starting offense scored on every drive that wasn’t cut short by halftime. They averaged 7.9 yards per play and converted eight of eleven 3rd down tries. The Panthers defense got one (1) sack and no one died. That pretty much covers all the positives. Fortunately Womens Torrey Smith Jersey , the Detroit Lions aren’t as good as the Steelers. They’ve lost three straight games and mustered only 45 total points during that stretch while averaging 282 yards per game and turning the ball over seven times. Quarterback Matthew Stafford’s passer rating has declined each of those weeks, ending his streak of five straight games with a passer rating over 100. Things don’t appear to be looking up for the Lions either. Wide receiver Marvin Jones Jr. is yet to practice this week as he deals with a bone bruise in his knee and his status for the game on Sunday is in doubt. If he misses the game, he’ll join starting right guard T.J. Lang on the out list. The former Pro Bowler was recently been placed on injured reserve with a neck injury, which is very bad news for a struggling offensive line. That brings us to our keys:Capitalize on the Lions offensive line woes. As mentioned literally two sentences ago, T.J. Lang is out, and he’s been arguably the group’s best performer. Matthew Stafford has been sacked 16 times in the last two weeks. The Panthers are one of the best teams at getting off blocks quickly in the passing game, and the Lions provide the perfect opportunity to parlay that into sacks. Contain the check downs. The departure of Golden Tate has opened the door for running backs Theo Riddick and Kerryon Johnson to become more involved in the passing game. The duo has combined to catch 22 of 26 targets for 141 yards in the two games since Tate was traded to the Eagles. With the Lions struggling so much in pass protection, offensive coordinator Jim Bob Cooter could look to the backfield for outlet passes early and often. Stay focused and stay disciplined. Coming off a performance as dreadful as the one this defense put on last week, it’s easy for guys to get caught trying to do too much and getting out of position. Everyone needs to play their role and trust that their teammates will do theirs. On top of that Authentic Cam Newton Jersey , the cancellation of practice today is one of those seemingly minor inconveniences that somehow manages to throw the Panthers completely off their game. The schedule down the stretch is tough. The Panthers need to stay locked in and pick up some wins while the schedule is lighter. At the very worst, things can’t go more poorly than last week, right? The Lions offense is ailing, and the Panthers defense should be hungry to prove that last week was just a hiccup.